Monday, April 2, 2012

Couple Photoshoot

Peter and I got married young (and poor). We were 20 and 21 and so much in love. We were so excited to get married! I am so glad that we got married when we did. God’s plan for our lives has been full of surprises and blessings that we never would have anticipated and planned ourselves. We have been married just 4 1/2 years and those years have been so full of stuff that it almost seems like we have been married forever! By stuff I mean life. You know: babies, moving, job changes, money struggles, family issues, health issues, changing churches, losing friends, making friends. There has been a lot of happy moments and lots of painful, difficult moments as well. But through it all God has brought us a lot of opportunities for growth and joy. Sometimes I am still in awe of the fact that God gave me someone as wonderful as Peter to do life with.
Anyway, when we got married we didn’t spend money on a professional photographer. One of my parents’ friends took photos for us. It was an incredible gift that he gave us because he didn’t charge us anything except to print the pictures and he did the best he could! I can honestly say though that not getting a professional photographer is probably my biggest regret of life so far. I know this sounds kind of dramatic and shallow, but it is true. I just cherish memories so much. Beautiful pictures are gold to me, and you only have one wedding. I also feel like other things that I may have done wrong over the years have taught me things and are a big part of making me who I am now, so I really don’t regret much. With all that being said (wow, I can sure blab on and on!) we decided to get some nice professional pictures taken of just me and Peter! They obviously cannot replace wedding photos but I really wanted some nice ones of us in this stage of our lives that is often so consumed by our kids. Rachel Shipman from Rachel Ann Photography took them. She also did our family pictures this past fall. She is so amazing! I love her eye, her editing and her personality! Working with her was so fun. We will definitely be using her in the future! Here are a few a bunch of our favorite pictures from the day.

Peter&Emily-21 Peter&Emily-23
Peter&Emily-25Peter&Emily-26
Peter&Emily-35
Peter&Emily-38 Peter&Emily-27
Peter&Emily-33
Peter&Emily-14 Peter&Emily-15
Peter&Emily-37Peter&Emily-4
Peter&Emily-19
Peter&Emily-28Peter&Emily-2
Peter&Emily-13

1 comment:

Lauren -aCommonersCastle said...

I have no idea how I found your blog, but I am so glad I did. I can totally relate to all that your saying in this post. My husband and I were married almost 5 years ago, and we have the most amazing little girl. We had a "shotgun wedding" that we planned in 10 days, and didn't even have time to think about a photographer. We had a beautiful amazing day, and I wouldn't change a thing about it, but I definitely regret not having someone there to photograph it. I think some day we'll renew our vows, and do all the wedding stuff I dreamed of as a little girl, (and I still dream of) but who knows when that will happen. We've been through so much in the past five years, and I am beyond blessed, and at the end of the day I guess that's all that really matters.
Keep up the great work!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment on my blog! I love to read them! Thanks for making my day!

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...