Monday, March 12, 2012

Dad on Duty Care Package

I just got back from my trip yesterday afternoon! I had so much fun  being at the Big East Tournament, seeing the City and spending time with my mom! I wish my team had done a bit better but never-the-less it was wonderful to be there after years of wishing and planning. I am still recovering from a lack of sleep and no lack of walking. We were pretty ambitious in the two full days we weren’t watching basketball. That, coupled with the fact that we were frequently lost made for miles of walking. I am a little embarrassed to say that my feet and legs are a bit sore! Can you say out of shape?! Maybe I need to hit the gym a bit more frequently!
I will post some pictures of our adventures soon. While I was gone Peter was having some adventures of his own watching the kids. I left Wednesday morning and my sister and sister in law helped out during the day. Then Peter was “on duty” from Wednesday evening until Sunday evening. Let me just say that I am so blessed to have a husband who is willing to use some of his vacation time to let me go away. Also, he really surpassed my expectations in caring for the kids and making sure that they were having lots of fun. Everyday he planned some sort of fun activity including breakfast out, a playground trip, and a trip to the children’s museum. While he said he had lots of fun making memories with them I know it wasn’t easy. So, before I left I arranged a small care package for him. It was nothing elaborate. Actually it was kind of thrown together in the last hour before I left. But I like the idea of the Dad on Duty Care Package.

IMG_3336
IMG_3337IMG_3342
           IMG_3338IMG_3343

6 comments:

Vicky said...

You have a wonderful husband. So great that you were able to get away and have some fun with your mom. What a cute idea for a basket. I bet he really appreciated it.

Ashley said...

Love it! He did awesome, too... and I KNOW he appreciates you even more now. :) So glad you got a deserved break. Love you friend!

C and Me Designs said...

I want to read the rest of the tips!

Jami Creager said...

haha this is cute. Great idea :)

atnumber29 said...

This is a really cool idea! thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

What a cute idea, I want to plan a getaway now just so I can do it ;)

Shannon@SewSweetCottage

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment on my blog! I love to read them! Thanks for making my day!

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...