Saturday, November 19, 2011

Winter Wreath

100_2684
I know, I know some people may think it is a bit early to have a “winter'” wreath up. Thanksgiving hasn’t even come and gone yet. Maybe I am over zealous. In reality, I have lots of projects in mind which I would love to do, but it seems I am missing one supply for each one, except this wreath. So guess what project was the lucky one that got completed?! I needed to get out of my rut! I purposely didn't make it too "Christmas-y" with the intent of keeping it up all winter, which around where I live will be until nearly April.
I used a wreath form, a package of potpourri fillers from Hobby Lobby, and some extra pinecones from our yard which I spray painted. Oh yeah, a the world’s ransom of hot glue. It might be hanging up a bit early, but I am enjoying the end result! (As I look at these pictures I am noticing the gap begging for a pinecone. Don’t worry. I fixed it.)

100_2682 100_2681

9 comments:

Jen said...

I love it! I'm a Canadian Prairie girl, so I know the feeling of those l-o-o-o-n-g winters! I say as soon as there's snow on the ground, it's fair game for winter decorating! I'm planning on getting my wintery wreath up this week too. I'd be thrilled if you came and shared your gorgeous wreath and the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com Hope to see you there! ~Jen

Eclectically Vintage said...

Love it - I have a pinecone wreath too and it's perfect for fall thru winter. Love the bit of gold bling too!

redfly said...

Very cute, Emily!

Becoming a follower to keep up on all your other great projects.

If you get a chance sometime, you'll have to stop by my blog.

Melissa
redflycreations.blogspot.com

southernscraps said...

Love it! Very rustic but pretty!

Tanya@takesix said...

I love it! And I don't think it's too early at all!! ;0)

Jen-CraftOManiac said...

Congrats you made in the "SSTS" over at COM. WA-HOO! Thanks for all your talent. winks, jen

Honey at 2805 said...

Hi Emily! You winter wreath is so pretty!

Marie said...

I love it! So glad you linked up with us!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Chrissy said...

I love this girl!! So cute!! I am a new follower, I am loving your blog!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment on my blog! I love to read them! Thanks for making my day!

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...