Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful


I am thankful for a husband who says I look beautiful even when I am wearing the same dirty sweatpants I wore yesterday and haven’t showered today.
I am thankful for 2 toothed grins greeting me whenever I walk into a room
for the way “MOOOMMMMYYY” sounds between giggles.
I am thankful for parents that live two minutes away and in-laws that live across town.
I am thankful for pink and orange and purple sunsets.
for my husband’s work ethic.
I am thankful for being able to worship free from persecution, intimidation and fear.
for a house that gives me safety, comfortably, privacy and projects. 
for a reliable car.
for kissable cheeks.
I am thankful for my freedom in Christ.
for the ability to pray.
that I am still a work in progress.
I am thankful that the medical bills we have are from Braxton’s birth and not from anyone’s severe health problems.
for endless Berenstain Bear books.
for impromptu Disney princess dance sessions.
for drooly, hiccupy, contagious laughs.
\for my husband’s strong shoulders and tender heart.
I am thankful for over-eager family members who are crazy about our kids and babysit on a moments’ notice.
for friends who I can confide in and have fun with.
for ice-cream.
I am thankful for a husband who never wavers in his devotion to his family.
I am thankful for a grandmother who is still alive and part of my kids’ lives.
for the gift of language and the art of crafting words.
for the internet which connects me with so many people, ideas and a wealth of information, as well as enables me to go to school.
I am thankful for the Word of God in print at my fingertips.
for a cozy hoodie on a chilly day.
I am thankful for crunchy play dough found under the table days after the play dough was last put away.
for the sound of my daughter’s voice as she prays or sings to Jesus.
For a husband who drives home from work to kill especially ugly, creepy bugs. (yuuuup.)
I am thankful for a thermostat that I can adjust to make sure the temperature in my house is just to my liking.
for a supermarket whose aisles and shelves contain everything I could ever need or want to stock my pantry.
for my down comforter.
I am thankful for memories captured in photographs.
for parents who raised me to never doubt their love or the path I should take in this world.
that I have never known the meaning of real physical hunger.
I am thankful to be called a child of God.
for two pairs of saucer-like baby blues twinkling up at me.
that I live in a place that has four seasons.
I am thankful that God in His time turns heartache, disillusionment and despair into joy, wisdom and peace.
I am thankful that my husband’s hand is the only boys’ hand I ever held, and the only one I allowed to hold my heart.
for movie nights.
for walks in the park.
I am thankful that I see in color.
for the bond of sisterhood that holds together three sisters as different as three people can be.
for lazy mornings.
for the gift of laughter.
for the cleansing nature of tears.
I am thankful for my husband’s job.
for answers to prayer.
for a God who sees the end from the beginning.

I am rich.

1 comment:

C and Me Designs said...

Truly you are! I am thankful for you :) You are the best wife to me.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment on my blog! I love to read them! Thanks for making my day!

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...